Lions SUCK!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what they're practices are like.
I mean these guys SEEM like they're a real football team, but you look at that garbage today and it's unreal. 100+ yards in Penalties, including bringing back a touchdown...

I'm surprised that someone else here has 'fessed up to being a Lions fan. Just wait until we start winning and all the bandwagon fans show up (maybe 10-20 years).

At least we should win next week.

Flyin' Lion said:
I'm surprised that someone else here has 'fessed up to being a Lions fan. Just wait until we start winning and all the bandwagon fans show up (maybe 10-20 years).

At least we should win next week.

SEE: Detroit Tigers

They made one Bears fan very happy...

milesbears.jpg

At least I expected the Rams to lose today. And of course, they lived up to expectations... :tank:

Gonna have to call my old man and see if I can jinx the Bengals. :D

FWIW tho, I won't be in football mode til Baseball is done... And the Redbirds got soaked out today....

Oh and someone check on Dude and make sure he's ok....

Ize

Well, my Redsox are D-I-diggity done, so I am looking forward to the Patriots pouring the Broncos a nice big steaming cup of go **** ********.

I fully expected, and predicted to anyone who would listen that the sox wouldn't do anything this year, so I was prepared for that.

I am also prepared for the Patriots going all the way.............again......

What really steams me, and I don't know if it's good or bad, is that noone cares about the Lions so I don't get to see any highlights and because I live in VA, I don't get to see any games. The only game I watch every year is on Thanksgiving day and lately all that does is ruin Thanksgiving for me.

I can deal with all the ridicule--I just wish I knew why we suck so bad.

Truble said:
Well, my Redsox are D-I-diggity done, so I am looking forward to the Patriots pouring the Broncos a nice big steaming cup of go **** ********.
I would argue with you but the way the Bronco's offense has been playing it's hard to get too excited. I'll still be rooting for them as best I can

GO BRONCOS!

I'm rooting for Elam to boot a couple of 60 yard FGs, but for the Broncos to allow Laurence Maroney about 150 yards and three touchdowns. But, that's just me.

Flyin' Lion said:
What really steams me, and I don't know if it's good or bad, is that noone cares about the Lions so I don't get to see any highlights and because I live in VA, I don't get to see any games. The only game I watch every year is on Thanksgiving day and lately all that does is ruin Thanksgiving for me.

I can deal with all the ridicule--I just wish I knew why we suck so bad.

Believe me I understand. That was the Packer's plight for 30 years, and it looks like we're in for another round of suckdom, today's game notwithstanding.

They said during the game "Favre is saying 'why can't we play like this every week'"

To which I replied to the Television "well, jackass, everyone would like to play the Lions every week, but unfortunately just ONE lucky team gets that privlidge."

and as for why we suck? FORD'S SELL THE )*^)*#%^@!#*%ing TEAM!!!!

The Detroit Lions are a money Making business, the only one the Ford family is involved with BTW. they made money even in the Silverdome years where they only got half the concessions and NO parking (or whatever it was). now that they have their own stadium they are raking it in.
All games are sold out, and they had a freaking Super Bowl. The Lions will NEVER win while the Fords own them, there is NO incentive for it.

To the Ford's it ain't broke, so why would they fix it?

pbowler said:
They said during the game "Favre is saying 'why can't we play like this every week'"

To which I replied to the Television "well, jackass, everyone would like to play the Lions every week, but unfortunately just ONE lucky team gets that privlidge."

The Detroit Lions are a money Making business, the only one the Ford family is involved with BTW. they made money even in the Silverdome years where they only got half the concessions and NO parking (or whatever it was). now that they have their own stadium they are raking it in.
All games are sold out, and they had a freaking Super Bowl. The Lions will NEVER win while the Fords own them, there is NO incentive for it.

Hmmm...

That sounds like Tribune...

Nah, prolly just my Redbirds bias. This is a football thread...

:D

Ize

pbowler said:

Hmmm that rant sounds familiar. Baseball fans in Milwaukee were saying that about the Seligs (Wendy in particular) for years. They finally sold and nothing changed-They still trade away their best players cuz they say they can't afford them.:mad:

Truble said:
I am looking forward to the Patriots pouring the Broncos a nice big steaming cup of go **** ********.
Broncos took it to them in their house! I think that big steaming cup of **** ******** got dumped on the Pats! :D

the_bird said:
I'm rooting for Elam to boot a couple of 60 yard FGs, but for the Broncos to allow Laurence Maroney about 150 yards and three touchdowns. But, that's just me.
I don't think they even ran for 50 yards total.:D

Don't start gloating... :D

Helluva game by the Bronco's D last night. The Pats' offense has been struggling, but that was quite the shellacking they took last night. Denver did a great job keeping Maroney and Dillon (while he was in there) from establishing anything on the ground, and Brady clearly is still not all that comfortable with his receivers. Someone's got to step up, be in Gabriel, or Caldwell, or Chad Jackson, and prove to be *the guy* for us. I love Troy Brown to death, he's probablty my all-time favorite football player, but when he's the starting wide receiver - we're in trouble.

This may sound redundant, but technically we are rebuilding. New coach, new offensive and defensive coordinators and most importantly, a whole new offensive scheme.

I've heard the whole "just sell it, Ford's" before, but I gotta say that they seem to be trying to field a winning team. Matt Millen was supposed to be a football genius and who knew that Charles Rogers, Mike Williams and Joey Harrington would be busts (personally I think Harrington had the talent, he just didn't have support from his fellow players and coach). Each draft that came and went, the talking heads alluded to the success of the Lions' draft--noone would have guessed those drafted would bust.

I think that once this offense starts clicking that we will start winning games, we've already shown improvement: 0 touchdowns in game 1, 1 touchdown in game 2 and 3 touchdowns in game 3.

Look out Minnesota, I'm feeling optimistic (they probably aren't expecting much anyway).

I agree, but this team has been rebuilding since Barry left.

Millen is a moron, 3 receivers drafted in a row? and how many start?

Mitchell was the 3rd Non NFL starter caliber QB that the Fords threw $15 million plus at.
Millen is a Moron

the Ford's will never own a winning football team.
and Millen is a moron
the only thing worse would be if the Tigers made the playoffs again before the Lions...

pbowler said:
the only thing worse would be if the Tigers made the playoffs again before the Lions...

Yeah, the Tigers just made the playoffs.:(

We've just had a lot of bad luck, I think Marinelli will turn things around, it's just going to take a little more time.

Have faith, brother.:mug:

I can't believe Matt Millon still has a job as an NFL exec. He's been absolutely terrible. It's one thing for a player or two to not pan out - it's something else entirely when you watch the team's personnel moves and go "huh? why?" even as they are unfolding.

On the positive side, he gives all of us schmoes confidence that even WE could do a better job running an NFL team than at least one current exec.

The one positive in starting 0-4 is that I don't have to get my hopes up for this season like when we started 2-0 two years ago. This way I'm prepared for their failure in advance.

Hey, there's always next year.

Kevin Jones finally had a decent game (almost 100 yards, 2 TDs). If it wasn't for Jones, Laurence Maroney, and Atlanta's D (which I picked up on Friday), I would have scored about 25 points this past weekend.

Obligatory "we suck again" post. And I almost thought we had this one in the bag, I was all set to start talking trash.

Well the Lions finally won one, I can start talking trash until next week when we lose against the Jets.

Bird, do you still have Jones on your FF team? I think he is finally coming into his own.

Yeah, I do. I've been lucky as hell with him; I've started him exactly two weeks, and he's had exactly two good games (and I picked the right two games :D). I just don't trust Martz to stick to the running game for any period of time.

Well, I know we lost 'cause I saw the scores and post game show, but as I don't get to watch the games (stupid Virginia) I don't know why. At least this year Detroit is able to score; we just can't contain anyone. :(

Anyway, next week Lions fans won't have to suffer through another loss as they are on a bye.

Well the Lions posted a win against Atlanta (30 to 14), maybe this team is starting to click. With Chicago and Green Bay losing today, and Minnesota on their way to a loss, we could be the only NFC north team with a win this week.:D

Just have to gloat a little bit considering how infrequently wins come around for this team, but at least I can enjoy a Sunday for a change.:tank:

It doesn't really need to be said again, but the Lions lost. I may be the only one posting in this thread lately, but after six losing seasons with the worst record in the league I need to vent a little each sunday.

Whe the hell is this team going to turn it around.:mad:

Latest posts

Back