1 gallon recipes please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tulleehoo

Reaction score
Hey Guys I'm looking for 1 gallon recipes of any style of beer.

Hope you can help

Cheers
Steve

Well this is a strange request.........:)

2.5 lbs 2 row
.25 lbs crystal 40
.25 oz hallertaur 60 minutes.

1/2 packet of danstar yeast.

I just bottled a 1-gallon batch that tastes great so far. Clean and crisp for an ale.

2 lbs pilsner
0.2 lbs carapils
3 grams Safale US-05 dry ale yeast

0.2 oz Hallertau @ 60 mins
0.2 oz Saaz @ 30 mins
0.2 oz Hallertau @ 15 mins

Primary fermentation 2 weeks in 59F range.

Bottling another one next week (in primary 3 weeks), with same recipe above, except all Saaz.

I did this one yesterday

Fermentables
Name Type SRM Percentage Amount
Pilsner Grain 1.7 44.44 % 0.58 Kg / 1.27 Lbs
Wheat Malt Grain 2.0 37.04 % 0.48 Kg / 1.06 Lbs
Aromatic Malt Grain 20.0 18.52 % 0.24 Kg / 0.53 Lbs

HopsName AA% Amount Use Time
Hallertau Tradition 5.7% 10.00 g / 0.35 oz Boil 70 mins
Willamette 7.1% 10.00 g / 0.35 oz Aroma 10 mins

MiscName Amount Use Time
Irish Moss 0.20 g / 0.01 oz Boil 15 mins

YeastName Attenuation
WLP029 - German Ale/Kolsch 75 %

I just bottled a 1-gallon batch that tastes great so far. Clean and crisp for an ale.

2 lbs pilsner
0.2 lbs carapils
3 grams Safale US-05 dry ale yeast

0.2 oz Hallertau @ 60 mins
0.2 oz Saaz @ 30 mins
0.2 oz Hallertau @ 15 mins

Primary fermentation 2 weeks in 59F range.

Bottling another one next week (in primary 3 weeks), with same recipe above, except all Saaz.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE pilsen in an ale, but clean and crisp???lol.

It is SHOCKING to me how much flavor gets lagered out from pilsen malt in a lager, because in an ale, 2 lbs of pilsen in 5 gallons leaves an unmistakeable strong flavor. 2 lbs in 1 gallon????

Not saying it wouldn't be good, but it would be a flavorful ale.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE pilsen in an ale, but clean and crisp???lol.

It is SHOCKING to me how much flavor gets lagered out from pilsen malt in a lager, because in an ale, 2 lbs of pilsen in 5 gallons leaves an unmistakeable strong flavor. 2 lbs in 1 gallon????

Not saying it wouldn't be good, but it would be a flavorful ale.

That's why I added "for an ale". So yeah don't get me wrong. I agree with you on that. If you have a suggestion on what I should modify to create a more pilsen-like ale, I'll gladly take the advice, as I'm only on batch #5 of this new hobby.

That's why I added "for an ale". So yeah don't get me wrong. I agree with you on that. If you have a suggestion on what I should modify to create a more pilsen-like ale, I'll gladly take the advice, as I'm only on batch #5 of this new hobby.

Hmm...I like 2 lbs of pilsen and one pound of crystal 60 in a 5 gallon ale. Low bitterness, a mild sweetness and that unique flavor that pilsen adds is very unique and quite addictive.

That would scale down to 6oz or so pilsen in a gallon.

I don't think that many brewers use pilsen in an ale, that is why your post caught my eye!

I am a go big kind of brewer, so your recipe is making me think!!!:mug:

Yeah, I've gravitated toward that, because I tend to like lagers much more than ales. Since lagering is a bit more extensive, I've been trying to create the cleanest possible ale, with some characteristics that you'd find in, for example, Pilsner urquell.

Wonder if bringing down the grain amount that significantly would hurt my efficiency.

Yeah, I've gravitated toward that, because I tend to like lagers much more than ales. Since lagering is a bit more extensive, I've been trying to create the cleanest possible ale, with some characteristics that you'd find in, for example, Pilsner urquell.

Wonder if bringing down the grain amount that significantly would hurt my efficiency.

Honestly, pilsen ale is quite un-lager like in an ale.

If I was to try to make urquell as an ale.......I would go with all 2 row. No pilsen.

In a lager the pilsen flavor lagers out, in an ale it is prominent.

Thanks I'll give that a try. Would you suggest a different yeast than US-05? (Maybe kolsch?)

Latest posts

Back