What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also drinking SN's new Torpedo. It's about time it meandered it's way over to Ohio. Hoppy but not harsh, this could be a new staple in my liquid diet.

Scottish 70/-
Jamil's recipe, it's pretty damn good, but weak enough and low enough in carbonation, that I down them way to fast....

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale - I did this in commeration of the West Coast Pale Ale (SN Clone) that I brewed today.
-Me

Welcome to the dark (mild) side.

I've went through about half a keg of this stuff by myself (SWMBO wont hardly drink it) and I am in love with it. God bless the 10der and Mild thread for turning me on to this stuff:ban:

SD

Stoudt's Scarlett Lady ESB- Fantastic! (just became available in SC from PA-little taste of home!)

Shiner Hefewiezen- Surprisingly good!

I'm also drinking SN's new Torpedo. It's about time it meandered it's way over to Ohio. Hoppy but not harsh, this could be a new staple in my liquid diet.

Saw this this past weekend and though WTF? What is this! didn't buy any though. Instead I picked up some singles.
Last drank, Hobgoblin and Anchor Steam.Shared my bros Double Dead Guy. Definitely could taste that despite my cold! I think my cold would have died I'd drank the whole bottle. Saving the rest of the days purchases until the cold goes away. Can't smell or taste anything.

Last night I opened a bottle of 1809 Berliner Weisse . I'd seen it in the store and always passed on it cause I was unfamiliar with the style. I took the time to read the label last time and got it due to it being a sour. I read some reviews after dinner and it made me decide to open it.
First off it wasn't a bad drink but not what I would want if I was in the mood for a sour. I reminded me of a Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy with a very slight Tart in the after kick. A very light bubbly beer almost like a champagne.
Poured a very big, quickly dissapearing head. Kind of like Sprite of 7up.
I won't buy this again, but it would have been a good drink after mowing the grass, but not the "experience" I had hoped for with it being a sour and such a "historical" brew. Apparently it was reproduction of a historical beer that Napolean and his men drank after victory.

Mulled wine. And it's awesome. No wonder the people back in the day loved it so much. And I'm watching a Foo Fighters concert on Palladia. With the surround sound turned way up. Awesome.

6 bottles of Guinness, 6 of Sierra Nevade Pale Ale, 4 of Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout, 6 of Sam Adams' Cream Stout, and whatever else is left in my fridge, working on a good buzz.

P1040026.jpg

dont know why the case of Heller Bock had a single Das Schwarze in it, but it was good. sadly no pics of it in a glass, but the others look great.

saddly the Das Schwarze was the best one of the bunch will have to see if i can get a rack of it.

I am stuck here in Germany, 1 hour from Lux, 1.5hours from Belgium, 5 hours from Chek, and i still want to make my own beer, WTF am i thinking :D

Just cracked open a Phillip's Amnesiac Double IPA, and I've got a Young's Double Chocolate Stout chilling in the fridge.

A keg of DC Ras stout. Unfortunately I dont think this is a daily drinker.
My WC Pale Ale needs to hurry up.
-Me

Fordham Tavern ale - was in the mood for an IPA, but I was out and the store didn't have any, so I settled.

Sierra Nevada ESB. Its a very good strong bitter, right up there with Rogue's Brutal.
But something weird happened. The first few out of the 12 pk. that I drank were very hoppy and quite different from the rest. It almost seems that they got Torpedo in my ESB.

Right now I'm drinking my first beer going from grain to glass through my FINISHED KEezer. I've had to kegs through the keezer using picnick taps but this one came through the tap box WOOHOO. Needs another week on gas but there's a mild carb there and it'll be drinable for this weekend.

Back