chamomile tea added to priming solution?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ampsman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a belgian pale ale I'm gonna bottle soon and was wondering if anyone has added chamomile tea to the boiling priming solution and how it turned out?

A brewery here in Milwaukee added chamomile and maybe a hint of coconut to a high grav Wit and it was surprisingly good. (Google Milwaukee Brewing Company Godzilla).

I'd be tempted to experiment with a couple bottles. (Dont know if I'd want to risk a whole batch though!)

I'm gonna go for it....throw maybe 2 teabags in the solution after I pull it off the stove to cool.
I'll keep posted on the results.

I put camomile in the wort boil in my last beer, and it turned out great. Both Dogfish Head and Wolavers make a great Wildflower Wheat beer that is just 50/50 wheat and two row with wildflower honey, camomile, and saaz hops. I had about 1/4 lb of honey malt lying around that I tossed in there as well to complement the wildflower honey, and my batch turned out great. You don't get much of the camomile in the taste, but it really adds to the aroma of the beer.

I did 2 oz of the dried camomile flowers with 10 min left in the boil. I think I could have added just a bit more, maybe like 3 oz next time.

Back