Help please?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrislad1984

Reaction score
I am wanting to brew my own cider, but want some advice on how is best to do it. I like drinking fruity cider (strawberry etc). I have given it a go before, but the taste was lacking even though i used apple juice and fresh fruits. Can anybody help? Had to use small amounts of bread yeast, not ideal, but had the right effect all the same. A friend of mine uses jam to brew wine, which really give it flavour instead of a vinegary taste. Could i use jam to flavour my cider, if so does anybody know how? If anybody can help, i would really appretiate it.

There are many pages on the Internet that give information about brewing ciders, wines, and beers using non-conventional ingredients like jams, malted cereals, and bread yeast - some of them are on this site. Many of the pages you will find, and all the pages on this site, were made in countries where brewing and drinking alcohol is legal. If you feel comfortable browsing for those pages in your home country, you can look them up.

That said, this is not a good place to come with specific questions if you are trying to circumvent the law; even if the posters here were willing to help you - an ethical gray area - the forum isn't in any way secure. In short, if alcohol is really illegal where you live, it would be easy for investigators to track your posting on this site. Be safe.

pericles said:
There are many pages on the Internet that give information about brewing ciders, wines, and beers using non-conventional ingredients like jams, malted cereals, and bread yeast - some of them are on this site. Many of the pages you will find, and all the pages on this site, were made in countries where brewing and drinking alcohol is legal. If you feel comfortable browsing for those pages in your home country, you can look them up.

That said, this is not a good place to come with specific questions if you are trying to circumvent the law; even if the posters here were willing to help you - an ethical gray area - the forum isn't in any way secure. In short, if alcohol is really illegal where you live, it would be easy for investigators to track your posting on this site. Be safe.

Thank you very much for your help, i will take on board what you have said, thus i will delete this thread now, and will make sure i am more careful in the future. Thanks once again

Back