DFW Group Buy #2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bump my Carapils up 5# (total 15#)
Anyone up for a 1/2 split of Munich or Pilsner?
I don't work on Fridays so I can help any time with the splits, just let me know.

Anyone (or two) interested in going 1/2's (or 1/3'rds) on a bag of BZ-VIEN (Vienna Malt)?? (I'm partial to the German maltsters)

1/2 bag each (27.5#) ≈ $19.33ea (including freight)
1/3 bag each (18-1/3#) ≈ $12.89ea (including freight)

ok I will take 5 bags CM-2ROW

3 bags CM-SPIL

1 bag CM-WHET

Just to be clear - you know these are delivered to a dock in Garland and we have to go pick them up right? The $4 shipping is per bag but all on one pallet all delivered together to a generous HBT'ers job who is letting us use his loading dock.

jww - you can put me down for a gallon of starsan if there is one available to claim still.

yes I know I that is why I am ordering a bunch to compensate for the gas it make s it worth the trip and it helps along your group buy. I am not afraid to drive lol.

yes I know I that is why I am ordering a bunch to compensate for the gas it make s it worth the trip and it helps along your group buy. I am not afraid to drive lol.

Haha - ok good deal. I just didn't want to mislead you with the $4 shipping!

NO no misleading I asked before where it was going to be delivered so I could get a good estimation of how much it would cost me to drive there.

Alright guys we have 32 of 42 total bags accounted for. We still have a few splits that I'm not counting as a bag until it's full. Here's what splits still need to be filled and how many lbs remain.

30 lbs Crystal 15
30 lbs Crystal 60
30 lbs Chocolate
35 lbs Rye
10 lbs Carapils
27.5 lbs Vienna (or if 2 people want to split the bag in thirds with RyanWeary that will work too)
1 gallon Starsan

If we get 42 full bags and a couple splits are still open those bags will not be filled. For example, if someone comes in and wants 10 bags right now the open splits won't be ordered and the buy will be closed.

My SWMBO has graciously afforded me a closet in the guest bedroom for all temperature and humidity sensitive brewing ingredients. I keep my grains stored in Rubbermaid bins. One for 2-row, one for pils malt, and one for specialty malts that I keep on hand. I've kept malt for as long as a year and never had a problem. Most of my base malts go pretty quick, but the specialty malts sit longer. But - no problems on my end. Out in the garage I have two dedicated fridges for fermenting/lagering/storing yeast/hops/etc.... I'm a lucky man.

I'm planning on using HD Homer buckets with the gasket in the lid for storage. Going to put them in the closet under the stairs. It seems to be the cheapest option. What does everyone use for ~10 lbs of specialty grains?

What does everyone use for ~10 lbs of specialty grains?

I buy the cheapest unscented regular old trash bags. I put my grains in the bags, get as much air out of the bag as I can and twist it shut then shove it in my "specialty malt" Rubbermaid container.

I skipped from page 5 to here, if anyone else is looking to fill splits, I will take the rest

Frogger42 I just want to confirm that you want to finish out the remaining splits? That would be:

20 lbs Crystal 60
10 lbs Crystal 15
20 lbs Chocolate
35 lbs Rye
10 lbs Carapils
27.5 lbs Vienna

Is that correct?

If so, the round 2 buy is CLOSED.

Actually, my friend would like 1/3 of the BZ Vienna. Frogger - do you mind splitting it 3 ways?

Jww - if Frogger is ok with that I'll be responsible for payment for my friends portion.

Got these as 14 gal fermenters but they don't fit in my fermentation chamber so I think I'll use them as grain storage.

1bef5847.jpg

Actually, my friend would like 1/3 of the BZ Vienna. Frogger - do you mind splitting it 3 ways?

Jww - if Frogger is ok with that I'll be responsible for payment for my friends portion.

Done. It seems Frogger will take whatever's left.

Frogger-if you want 1/2 bag instead of 1/3 let me know.

rack04 - those look pretty cool. Where did you find them? That looks to be a better option than my trash-bag-in-a-rubbermaind-container method. What are the rough dimensions of them?

RyanWeary said:
rack04 - those look pretty cool. Where did you find them? That looks to be a better option than my trash-bag-in-a-rubbermaind-container method. What are the rough dimensions of them?

General Container. They are manufactured by curtec.

Alright every one the DFW Round #2 Group Buy is now CLOSED.

Here's how round #1 did payment and it seemed to work well.

Originally Posted by CidahMastah 

Payment

Payments will be collected once we have secured 42 bags (or we decide to process an order with less). I would like to do all payments through paypal, if you have an issue with this please PM me.

To pay, please follow these instructions carefully to avoid paypal fees.
• Click the "Send Money" tab at the top.
• Put in the buyer's email address (check your PM inbox to get that address - I will send it out as soon as we have reached 42 bags or an order is confirmed).
• Put in the amount to send.

Here's the important part...• Under the amount box, click the "Personal" tab.
• Select "Gift".
• If you are paying from an existing paypal balance, or from your bank account, no fees will be charged. BUT... Paypal charges transaction fees for anything that is paid for with a CREDIT CARD. If you are paying with a credit card, you will have the option of selecting who has to cough up the money for those fees. Do not push those fees onto the buyer. Suck those fees up yourself.
• In the area at the bottom where it allows you to type in the custom text for the email that buyer will receive, be sure to include your name, as it appears on the spreadsheet (your homebrewtalk user name), so that buyer can track who has paid and who hasn't.
• Then send the money and chill out.
When the buyer has all of the money, he'll place the order.

Please don't stick me with Paypal fees.

I will PM everyone their order for confirmation along with my e-mail address for Paypal.

After everyone has paid, I will place the order and we'll setup a time for pickup.

Everyone has an order confirmation PM in their message box. Please confirm your order either in this thread or by PM. The faster everyone pays me the faster we get the grain. If anyone has any questions please let me know.

Jason

Payment sent... can't wait! Now I need to buy some yeast... I got 1lb of cascade and 1lb of centennial... maybe buy another lb of something... any suggestions?

Back