Bottling with Coopers Tablets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewNow

Reaction score
I've never used tablets for bottling. My bottle sizes will be 12oz and 22oz. According to the Coopers directions, 1 tablet for 12 oz is required. Will 2 tablets for 22oz over carbonate the beer? The style will be an IPA.

Also how many weeks at 68-72F will it take for the tablets to carbonate the beer?

Thanks for the tips and tricks.

I used those tabs in an IPA and had great results. I left the bottles alone for three, maybe four weeks and got perfect carbonation.

Those cooper's carb drops work great. Every time without fail. 11.2-16oz are fine with 1 drop. 22oz=650.54ml,so you might have to go with 2 carb drops. I know my cooper's PET bottles,at 740ml=25.16oz,& use 2 drops. Average gravity beers take 3 weeks minimum to age/carbonate nicely,but 4-7 weeks can be really good in that regard,but the flavors start to change too at 5 weeks+,as I've found.

Now that I think about it, I had used these as a bit of an experiment. Right before I dry-hopped that IPA, I siphoned out a six-pack and bottled it with the carbonation tablets. After dry hopping, I bottled the rest with corn sugar according to the tastybrew calculator.

After a couple weeks, I tried both versions side-by-side in identical Duvel tulips. The beer with the carbonation tablets had better carbonation than the traditionally-carbonated one. The one with the tablets had this perfect little cloud of bubbles over the tulip's little bubble-making nucleation site while the other was not so much.

Latest posts

Back