2 liter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brek81

Reaction score
I was curious if i could bottle in a 2L pop bottle, I know it wont be UV stable. the reasoning is i would like to take some home brew with me on a motorcycle trip and glass bottles make me a bit nervous in motorcycle Luggage. :tank:

I've done this "poor man's party pig" several times. Works great when I bring beer to an event; I like to decant into a pitcher before serving.

The only time I had an issue is once, the little "snap off" ring below the cap got caught under the edge of a cap & I didn't notice it while tightening it. Noticed it two days later & simple "re-screwed" it back on. No worries.

They work absolutely fine. I made root beer in them. Some people say you need to buy new caps for them.... that's bologna. You might want to do 20 ounce bottles though. It would make for fresher beer (unless you can drink the 2 L all at once)

i would be taking if to share, so 2L will be gone pretty quickly (we go through more American Honey than that) if i could figure out how to take a keg, i probably would :p

Latest posts

Back