tweak a northern brewer kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dycokac

Reaction score
I'm wanting to make a batch, and I wonder about starting with a northern brewer kit, one of the sweet mead kits.

I'd like to add some fruit, and havn't really figured out what would be best.

I'd like to hear some recomendations if i should just start with like wildflower, or what not.

Thanks!

I've never used any of those kits but they are a little pricey. I just bought 2 bottles of Sam's Club honey @ $8 / 5 lbs. Does your LHBS sell mead yeast? Because all you'd need after that is some yeast nutrient and energizer and you're ready to go.

Having said that... I'm sure the quality of honey in the NB kits is much better than Sam's Club and you'll most likely end up with a tastier mead. I just wanted to throw out a frugal alternative.

As for fruits my friend is making a strawberry mead, I'm making an orange, and if it turns out good I'll try raspberry next (maybe it will be ready by summer 2010).

BTW Just don't use champagne yeast like me or else you'll get a very dry mead ;P

Latest posts

Back