Fermenting Bucket Smells Like Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pickettj

Reaction score
I scrubbed my fermenting bucket and cleaned it with Easy Clean twice. Even with the scrubbing, soaking, rinsing and repeating the bucket still reeks of hops. How can I get rid of that smell so I can use this thing again? I'm brewing again tomorrow so I kinda need it! :confused:

Really? I figured it would be a sign that there were still remnants from the prior batch. I'll go with a good soaking in Star San tomorrow before dumping in the wort. Thanks guys!

I scrubbed my fermenting bucket and cleaned it with Easy Clean twice. Even with the scrubbing, soaking, rinsing and repeating the bucket still reeks of hops. How can I get rid of that smell so I can use this thing again? I'm brewing again tomorrow so I kinda need it! :confused:

If **** soaked into the plastic, have you wondered about what's coming out?

WHOA there buddy. Stop with the scrub-a-dub-dubbing, that's bad for the bucket. Scratches, scrapes, cuts etc will allow for contaminates to settle in there and start breeding some nasty, nasty things.

The hops aroma is not a bad thing at all, so no worries there. Brew on my friend:mug:

kicary said:
WHOA there buddy. Stop with the scrub-a-dub-dubbing, that's bad for the bucket. Scratches, scrapes, cuts etc will allow for contaminates to settle in there and start breeding some nasty, nasty things.

The hops aroma is not a bad thing at all, so no worries there. Brew on my friend:mug:

See post prior to your response...

Back