Lagering Vessel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flex_318

Reaction score
I will be soon fermenting a lager and pilsner (in a temperature controlled fridge) and was wondering what type of containers you all use during the lagering phase. I would use a corny keg but I will not have any available. Are there any other suggestions aside from a glass carboy?

I use a 5 gal sized bottle, so the headspace with my batch sizes is very minimal. I lager roughly 1 week for each 10 points of OG, although around 1.060, I just do a standard 8 weeks.

I'd buy another keg. If lagering or other bulk aging is going to be a regular part of your brewing practices, you'll want as many as you can get. Kegs are ridiculously superior vessels for beer, what with their pressurizability, built-in handles and diptubes, lighttightness, and unbreakability among the rest of the advantages.

I'd buy another keg. If lagering or other bulk aging is going to be a regular part of your brewing practices, you'll want as many as you can get. Kegs are ridiculously superior vessels for beer, what with their pressurizability, built-in handles and diptubes, lighttightness, and unbreakability among the rest of the advantages.

word

Back