Check out are brew blog.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f-250ford

Reaction score
Check out are blog we started. We are a group of family and friends and have had some good times learning how to brew. We only have 5 brews under your belts so there still is alot to learn.
We started the blog so we all can go back and read are notes and see what we want to change for the next brew. The first thing we learned was you can drink as you brew but can't brew drunk.:cross:
Tell me what you think or leave comments on the blog.

http://ojaibeerbarons.com/

I really think anyone that knows what they are doing should start a blog. Not to put down new brewers, but if I'm going to trust information on how a recipe turns out, I need to be assured that the brewer knows the basics of good brewing. You guys seem like you know your stuff even though it's just your 5th batch. I really like the equipment and setup. Starting a blog is great because it can be so helpful to other brewers, especially when you tread new ground. For example, I've never brewed a beer with basil, and I'd love to hear how yours turns out.

One suggestion I have though it to cut down on the pictures and videos...you have about ten times as many as are necessary. I know it's for personal record, but for public viewing people want accessible info on the beers themselves, how they turned out, etc. If you don't really care about making a blog for other brewers to read, my personal experience is that friends or family don't understand/don't care that much about brewing, so brevity and simplicity helps.

I really think anyone that knows what they are doing should start a blog. Not to put down new brewers, but if I'm going to trust information on how a recipe turns out, I need to be assured that the brewer knows the basics of good brewing. You guys seem like you know your stuff even though it's just your 5th batch. I really like the equipment and setup. Starting a blog is great because it can be so helpful to other brewers, especially when you tread new ground. For example, I've never brewed a beer with basil, and I'd love to hear how yours turns out.

One suggestion I have though it to cut down on the pictures and videos...you have about ten times as many as are necessary. I know it's for personal record, but for public viewing people want accessible info on the beers themselves, how they turned out, etc. If you don't really care about making a blog for other brewers to read, my personal experience is that friends or family don't understand/don't care that much about brewing, so brevity and simplicity helps.

I was thinking the same thing about the pics. I was also thinking maybe puting the
recipe we had and then put what we did. This blog is more of notes for the group then a how to blog. It's just kind of fun to see what people think.

Wow, those are great views you have on brew day - stunning!

I hear you about the blog. I started my website/blog www.singingboysbrewing.com for family and friends who wanted to keep up with my brewing. I enjoy updating it and, for reasons I'm unclear about, it now gets 100+ visitors a week, which significantly exceeds my circle of interested family and friends.

Honey Basil sounds really good. Looks like you guys had fun. Let us know how it turns out. We "our" interested;)

x2.

I don't like grammar police, but if you're publishing something, even a blog, be sure to know the difference with homophones.

We ARE happy to show you OUR beer blog. ;)

Sweet photos BTW.

Great job with the Blog and brew day! I disagree about the amount of piictures, as long as they continue to tell the story. Too many pictures of the same thing is boring, but I had fun seeing all of yours and how you laid them out with some descriptions of what was happening.

Wow, those are great views you have on brew day - stunning!

I hear you about the blog. I started my website/blog www.singingboysbrewing.com for family and friends who wanted to keep up with my brewing. I enjoy updating it and, for reasons I'm unclear about, it now gets 100+ visitors a week, which significantly exceeds my circle of interested family and friends.

Nice web site. :mug:

Back