Need Help with basement Remodel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winstonofbeer

Reaction score
So wife and i decided to remodel the basement.
Right now there is nothing but a concrete floor.
Where i brew outside the basement door, and keg inside..There is always a mess on the floor..matter it be water or a little beer.

So basicly the wife wants carpet cause the floor would be warmer...
I thought about pergo, But the warmth was a concern.

Anyone got any idea's?

Thanks for all your help..I know this is wayyyyyy :off:
But i want to make beer and have a nice floor and happy swmbo.

Thanks again

I believe Pergo is not recommend for wet areas.

What about doing an "entry area" just inside of the basement door with ceramic tile and the rest with carpet? Ceramic tile is easy to lay, and inexpensive. That might solve your wetness problem.

One other thing I might check into before doing your floor. I think that a concrete basement floor can wick moisture up to whatever is applied to it. I think that has to be addressed somehow.

hmmm..
Never even thought about the floor wicking moisture.

I just know i got 900 sq ft of basement. living room, laundry, bathroom and 2 bedrooms that i have to put flooring on.

So i want the floor warm for the wife...but able to take a little bit of water without ruining it.

I was honestly hopeful that someone had pergo in there basement and would say go for it or it was super bad.

Back