Bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steamroller

Reaction score
How do you get that last little bit of beer into bottles from the bottling bucket? tilting the bucket was a little awkward, so i just funneled it into the bottles.(2 bottles) I marked the 2 bottles to see if there will be a difference when they are ready...To me saving 2 beers is worth it on my first batch! thanx everyone for your knowledge and input!:mug:

And putting a few books or whatever else is handy under the bucket until you make a dip tube is a fine workaround (I still do this).

How do you get that last little bit of beer into bottles from the bottling bucket? tilting the bucket was a little awkward, so i just funneled it into the bottles.(2 bottles) I marked the 2 bottles to see if there will be a difference when they are ready...To me saving 2 beers is worth it on my first batch! thanx everyone for your knowledge and input!:mug:

I mark the possibly fubar bottles as well. I bottled last night and was able to get all bu about 3 oz out, and drank what was left. Tipping the bucket for now works, but next trip to the LHBS I will get a faucet to install in my bucket.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/revvys-tips-bottler-first-time-otherwise-94812/

Thanks for the plug :mug:

He talks about using a dip tube to get the remaining beer out.

Yep the dip tube is a no tilt, no propping way to get nearly every drop out of the bucket. I end up leaving about 2 ounces of hopscum in the bottom, of the bucket and average 50 beers per batch instead of 48....I've even gotten 54 beers on occasion.

dip2.jpg

There's a buch of people's versions scattered throughout the thread as well.

Just tilt and play with it until i get it all, mark those bottles as you did and then lock em up for approx 3 weeks then enjoy....thats my rule of thumb, has worked great on all of my bottling projects (2) that i have under taken:cross:

Best way i do it, i use the first fermentation in a fermenting bucket, syphon it of the lees a week later adding more sugar into a pressure barrel with a tap at the base, and an inlet for a CO2 cylinder on the top (4" screw neck for easy cleaning).
4 - 5 weeks later, its settled enough to start bottling. Fresh, clean bottles with just a pinch of sugar, and a sterilized plastic funnel, i just sit the bottle and funnel under the tap, an fill the bottles to the neck, and cap them.
A slight 3rd fementation is enough to create enough CO2 to make a nice fizzy pint of Ginger ale.
I use the old Newky Brown bottles as the caps fit quite easily on those ones.

PaulDK

Latest posts

Back