Cheeto Mead.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigKahuna

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Nope...Sorry...I'm not making Mead with Cheezy Poofs.

This is Cheetos mead. He's shipping out for Iraq tomorrow, and can't brew it himself, so I'm doing a gallon for him.

Made with Colorado Madhava wild flower honey, Windsor Ale Yeast, OG 1.086 and will be racked onto world famous Rocky Ford Cantaloupe.
Cheeto.jpg

I'll keep up the progress reports here so Cheeto can watch from afar.

Wait, is the cigar in the picture any part of the recipe?

It is part of the recipe....kinda
This is a Don Tomas Corona. Most people know that like good beer and good wine, cigars age well too. This particular one has been in my humidor for a little over 4 years, and will go nicely with this mead in a year when it's done.

It is part of the recipe....kinda
This is a Don Tomas Corona. Most people know that like good beer and good wine, cigars age well too. This particular one has been in my humidor for a little over 4 years, and will go nicely with this mead in a year when it's done.

What's funny, is I recognized the band right away; I have a fiver sitting down in my Freezador (unpowered) waiting for a chance to migrate up to general pop. I'd agree, except that I add pipes to the mix as well. :D

Nice lookin' humi too! :rockin:

8-12-08
Racked this mead onto 2 cups of diced Cantaloupe. The ale Yeast took this mead down to .996 in a month and a day. I am not as impressed with the flavor of the Wild Flower Honey as I had hoped to be, but it is coming along nicely. The Wild Flower Honey had a VERY strong flavor that I am not accustomed to. I am pretty confident that it will all smooth out and be ok in time.

No Pictures, because it looks just like it did a month ago.

Racked off of the fruit on Sunday...That's right...2 MONTHS on fruit. It's got a VERY melon flavor, and the only thing I'm worried about is the "WildFlower" honey has a bit of a stronger flavor that is actually competing with the melon at this point. It is going to be interesting at very least, but I think in time it will actually smooth out and become very good. I'm going to bottle when it's clear again (was Crystal Clear on the fruit) and let it age until Cheeto gets home.

that stuff is starting to make my mouth water, I am looking forward to trying some here in a few months(8 months)

I take it this is a dry mead ?

Jason

I love Madhava honey. You can buy their honey in bulk at $1.70 a pound if you get their 42 pound buckets. Good quality honey. Pitty it is only, Alfalfa, Wildflower and Clover.

I perfer the Alfalfa. Honey that has some body in it. The wildflower is a bit "thin" and doesnt seem to add much to it. So I agree.

Back