Will this STC-1000 work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New_Climber

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it will work. It handles 10 Amps. Keep a handy dandy Celcius to Farenheit conversion chart available if you're in America. You can't beat the price and its a proven and well documented piece of brewing equipment. Prost!

I did an identical build a while ago for a fermentation chamber on a 1.8cf mini-fridge I built a collar for, though I'm doing cooling only (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/mini-fridge-collar-temp-controller-build-343372/). There are plenty of great how-tos on HBT with wiring diagrams and the like that I used. Mine's been running flawlessly for several months now. The STC-1000 is also referred to as the "eBay Temperature Controller" when you do your searches.

I'm using two of these with no problems at all. I tried the Farenheit to Celcius chart and found it to be a pain. I bought a cheap indoor/outdoor thermometer and taped the sensor to my STC sensor and put them both in some foam insulation with only one side open. Then I taped them to my carboy. Now I can read the temps without consulting a chart.

Back