Brew Bracket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the first I have heard of this event, sounds pretty neat, although I'm not a big wheat fan. I'll have to keep an eye out for future events, an IPA bracket would fit me alright.

They did IPA last spring, Stout in the fall, and voters choice was wheat this spring. They are voting on event slogan as we speak. Check it out on Facebook if you want to vote.

It's really a fun day. 40 bucks gets you a book of voting tickets and two shot glasses. You go from station to station blind taste testing each craft brew, mark on your ticket the one you like the most and drop in into a coffee can. They do a winners bracket until the last (and best) two brews remain and then you taste and vote on them again. Was really kind of cool.

As a bonus I had a nice beer buzz going on at the end of it. Bier Brewery on 65th st won the Stout bracket. Looks like there are more contestants this time around, should be fun.

If you want to go let me know. My wife DD'd for me last time (they get in for like 5 bucks). Would be cool to get a few HBT brewers to make a statement there!

Sounds cool, but I'm not a big fan of wheat beer. I wonder what they'll do on the next round.

This is next weekend! Anyone else going? If so, I'll have an OD green AHA shirt on. I hope to see an HBT presence :)

Latest posts

Back