Mold?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RipUSMC

Reaction score
I'll post a pic sometime tonight, but I noticed some small white spots on top of my fermenting beer. Could it be mold?
The basics:
I am brewing a Belgian Tripel, waited 8 days and (against you-alls advice, I know... :( ) everything was double sanitized, including the glass carboy I used for a secondary. OG and SG were both perfect. Any advice? I am now on day 12.

Ok, glad to hear. I mean the alcohol content, even at this stage would kill anything even mold related, wouldn't it?

Ok, glad to hear. I mean the alcohol content, even at this stage would kill anything even mold related, wouldn't it?

Some molds will grow on beer, but not this quickly. Infections are relatively rare at the peak of fermentation, and what you are most likely seeing is just yeast flocs getting floated up to the surface by their own expelled CO2.

Ok, thanks. Trying not to "mother hen" my beer, but its good health is VERY important! Trying hard to have brilliant homebrew! :drunk:

Back