Kegerator noob questions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xantus954

Reaction score
I just bought this kegerator las night. The guy I bought it from used it just for commercial kegs. Can anyone tell me what type of connection this is and what type of kegs it would work with.

image-3665852093.jpg

From what I've read so far ill probably be picking up a corny keg and have to replace some connections.

Attachments

• image-583546035.jpg
    image-583546035.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 177
Looks like a Sanke coupler, for commercial kegs. You'd just need to replace the liquid line running to the tap with a liquid Quick Disconnect for a ball-lock or pin-lock keg, if that's the direction you're going.

Do I need another connection for the c02 as well?

Essentially you need a co2 tank with regulator, a line going from that to a gas QD for ball-lock or pin-lock (whatever kegs you use), and then a liquid line with a liquid QD (again, keg-type-specific) going to the tap.

Chances are you cut or remove the two lines going into that coupler, take the (presumably) red one (gas line) and put a gas QD on it, take the (presumably) clear (liquid) one and put a liquid QD on it, and voila.

tre9er said:
Essentially you need a co2 tank with regulator, a line going from that to a gas QD for ball-lock or pin-lock (whatever kegs you use), and then a liquid line with a liquid QD (again, keg-type-specific) going to the tap.

Thank you! Just getting into all this but I'm looking forward to not bottling my next batch already.

Back