Tap-rite regulator guage sticking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reelale

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with a tap-rite regulator guage sticking? I have the tank in the keezer and noticed that when I thumped the guage, the pressure needle moved considerably. It's hard to adjust correct pressure when I have to do this all the time. Do you think that condensation could be affecting it? Is it better to locate the tank outside the refrigeration compartment? What about those secondary regulators, would they solve my problems?

I have found that I got more accurate readings with my tank outside at room temp. You may need a new gauge.

This thing is nearly brand new. I've only run 2 cornys through it. How do you run your gas line through the wall? Just drill a hole, or do you use bulkhead fittings? Thanks for weighing in.

I've got a keezer. All my lines run through the built up collar. I also only use Micro Matic regulators. never had a problem. Tap rite is usualy pretty good, I still think that I would change the gauge before I sent it back. Give a call to who you bought it from they may send you a replacement for free.

This thing is nearly brand new. I've only run 2 cornys through it. How do you run your gas line through the wall? Just drill a hole, or do you use bulkhead fittings? Thanks for weighing in.

I've seen others do both, I drilled a hole. Lowe's has a bin of free samples for blue 'touch safe' insulation which I used to fill any gap rather than spray insulation. That way if I need to remove the hose for some reason I can.

When you say "through the wall" of the keezer I hope you mean through the collar. Depending on the model you might be able to go through the wall, but it's much less risky to go through the collar.

Back