Your peak brewing time of the year

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petep1980

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I usually go from Dec until May barely even thinking about brewing. Right now, though, my obsession is in full kick.

Even though summer brewing can be a chore, I find this is the time of year I just love hammering out batch after batch.

What time of year are you most active. I'm sure this also depends on your climate.

Always do less on the summer. Harder to keep my germ temps down. Plus its hot as hell outside standing next to a pot o boiling wort I like to cranck them out from about Oct - May.

Easily summer into fall...I have most of the summer off and I like to get some good batches for the holidays as well.

Winter is definitely peak for me. In the summer, I have to deal with controlling ferm temps, hotter groundwater for chilling and playing softball 4 nights a week.

It’s funny, my brother brews outside and wants nice weather. I brew in my kitchen and prefer cold days.

I brew continuously, I always have one in primary and one in secondary. I usually bottle, rack to secondary and brew on the same day, saves a lot of cleanup. I brew on the weekend so I can throw ice on it for the first day or so.

Mine tends to be when I have enough money to afford it. Just finished college a couple weeks ago so hopefully that will change soon!

I don't really have a season... I just brew what I want, when I want it. Which is apparently a lot lately. Whoops!

This has a lot to do with geography. I'm in New Hampshire and you won't find me standing out in below 10 degree weather doing anything except snowboarding.

Weather isn't really decent until around May and it craps out again in October.

Less in the summer without a ferm chamber. I hunt a lot in the Oct.-Dec. period so I brew mostly in the winter/spring months, late Dec. to April.

Autumn and spring, when its warm enough to get a good quick boil outside but not too warm that it takes forever to cool the wort

fall is a big one for me, there are a lot of styles i like to have on hand for winter

Spring would be...admittedly, the rain here in SeaTown does discourage brewing from time to time.:eek:

Back