Ferment Chamber in Fridge (how to control heat temp)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ishredthecello

Reaction score
So I was thinking of picking up a cheap fridge off craigslist and getting a ferment chamber going.

My question is: I get the Johnson Controller, but doesn't that only control one device?

Say I have a belgian going that needs to be fermented at 75, so the fridge would cool (the johnson controller would turn it on and off to keep it if it needed to be colder) but how does it work to Warm AND Cool at the same time to keep it at the right temperature?

Does that make sense what I'm asking? Thanks for the help. :D

So I was thinking of picking up a cheap fridge off craigslist and getting a ferment chamber going.

My question is: I get the Johnson Controller, but doesn't that only control one device?

Say I have a belgian going that needs to be fermented at 75, so the fridge would cool (the johnson controller would turn it on and off to keep it if it needed to be colder) but how does it work to Warm AND Cool at the same time to keep it at the right temperature?

Does that make sense what I'm asking? Thanks for the help. :D

I think that I understand your question... You would need 2 separate temp controllers to control heat (brewbelt?) and cooling (fridge). Or you could get one of those STC 1000 devices from ebay that everyone seems to love here on HBT. It controls more than one device. This thread may be helpful if you see yourself going that route.

Back