Ok, so how the heck do I make my own labels??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heertsy

Reaction score
Do i need special software??? I don't have photoshop currently.

I think I want to call my little home brewery "Beaver Creek Brewery" with a picture of a beaver on it....should be funny.

Then, just change the name and info on it as I brew different batches.

So what do i need to make this happen?? Hopefully it doesn't involve spending too much money.

You can start by doing a search for "custom beer labels". There are a bunch of businesses that specialize in that. The ones that are really good on this site do it themselves with photoshop, or other such programs. I am no graphic designer, so I had some made for me from one of the sites I found that specialized in it.

I used that Seal thing that was discussed a bit down the message board. That is good enuf for me. Now i just gotta figure out how to print that multiple times onto stickers.

I am working on my own as we speak using Corel X. I just looked at what other beer labels look like and am similating those (oval, banner at the top, an image in the middle, and words below in a font).

Taking a look at places that DO labels for beer might be good so you can get ideas on how they look.

You'll also want to think of what you want on the label. Obviously the name of the beer and what words you want it to say. Make sure that you make it short and sweet. Put the brew-date on it too somewhere and (if you want to) the Alcohol % (I like to put this on it just to impress/freak my friends out... "HOW MUCH?!?!").

Personally, one of the best labels I have ever seen for a beer was just taking a paintbrush with orange paint to the bottle front, and then a black rubber stamp inking the front. It looked great.

Good luck, mate.

Latest posts

Back