Need to Dry hop the dead guy. How much?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilv4xn

Reaction score
I made two batches of Yoopers dead guy. It is missing something I think it needs a touch of hop flavor to counter the sweetness. I have 1.5 oz of Sazz left in the freezer I want to dry hop it for three days before serving it at a Halloween party. How much should I dump in the keg tonight?

I made two batches of Yoopers dead guy. It is missing something I think it needs a touch of hop flavor to counter the sweetness. I have 1.5 oz of Sazz left in the freezer I want to dry hop it for three days before serving it at a Halloween party. How much should I dump in the keg tonight?

Dry hopping will only provide aroma and won't affect the sweetness issue. Unless it's cloyingly sweet, I don't think you'll need to worry about people not drinking it. When you brew, you're usually your harshest critic.

So, dump it all in if you want some more hop aroma. I usually use 3 oz at a time for dry hopping because the kits I've used in the past only called for 1 oz and provided nothing noticeable.

kylevester said:
Dry hopping will only provide aroma and won't affect the sweetness issue. Unless it's cloyingly sweet, I don't think you'll need to worry about people not drinking it. When you brew, you're usually your harshest critic.

So, dump it all in if you want some more hop aroma. I usually use 3 oz at a time for dry hopping because the kits I've used in the past only called for 1 oz and provided nothing noticeable.

Agreed. Also you may want to dry hop sooner. Optimal time is 7 to 10 days. Do it tmro. Cheers

I put about 1.5oz Sazz and .25oz cascade pellet. in each of two kegs fingers crossed. I would hate to serve bad beer at a party. If worst comes to worse I drive 20min to Widmer and shell out $135

Back