Interesting evening already

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodenbuick

Reaction score
Had 1 beer about to have another and making a batch of Pilsner.

Got the wort boiling and all of a sudden the alarm goes off. Turn off the alarm and wait for them to call. No call on any of our phones.

20 minutes later, LOUD Knock on door.. 2 police officers with guns ready,

come in check the house and get drivers license. Asked if I was making beer and one makes it also.

Nobody in the house nothing wrong. Dont know why the alarm went off.

Interesting evening....

It's the secret beer police checking up on you. They installed the "wort aroma sensor" whilst you were at the car wash last week.

I'm assuming it was like a Brinks alarm? When I worked dispatch at the police department, I had the alarm company call me a few times with residential alarms. We'd send units over to check it out but usually the alarm company got a call from the resident to cancel the call before units arrived. I'm surprised the alarm company didn't try to contact you.

False alarms are so common that in many areas police won't even respond until it has been confirmed. One of my neighbors is paranoid and has all of his windows monitored. He sets the alarm, forgets, opens a window - almost weekly. And complains because the alarm company complains about all of the false alarms.

In Memphis, if the police show up to a false alarm, YOU get a 50 dollar ticket. I used to work at a health clinic who's alarm went off in the morning right before I got there and I had to sign for the 50 ticket, paid directly to the city. Luckily it didnt come out of my pocket. Weird huh.
-Jefe-

Latest posts

Back