What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was with sause last night. Started with a Bells Two Hearted IPA, then had a Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA. The two tasted similar. Then I had a New Holland Dragons Milk Strong Ale. Followed by Blanche De Bruxelles Maneken Pis White Ale. All draft beer, they had thirty in all.

An IPA that I modified the hop schedule and was worried about bottle bombs. It is well carbonated, and young. I guess I'm doing the right thing by drinking it early!!! It's tasty though.

Started with a bottle of Apple cider, decided it isn't ready, and now working on a sixer of Longhammer IPA. Don't like it much though, I think I'll drink the last one and switch to Moose spit.

Well, just kegged beer for me tonight. The AB clone mostly, but I tried the anchor steam clone, too. I better try them each again, to make sure which one I like better.

Mostly Homebrew tonight, some Belgian, some kolsch and my favorite Apfelwein.. If i'm up to it, I see some Erdinger's Octoberfest in The Fridge..I love that beer.

BridgePort IPA. Very nice hops flavor.

Also pulled a couple of old bottles out of the brewshop to "test" to make sure they were still good.

A Maltese Falcon IPA and one of my Nierra Sevadas...

Both are very fine.

Was drinking Amaretto, coke, and lemon, but I just opened my very first bottle of Apfelwein and am drinking it now.

Chimay Blue and American Ale HB

Chimay Blue.jpg

Currently drinking my Oatmeal Stout, but I don't really like it. The recipe called for 1/2 stick of brewers licorice, which I was hesitant to add, and I wish I hadn't. I don't really care for licorice, and I guess I should have gone with my gut. The initial flavor is fine, but the finish is all licorice. Sucks. Well, we live and learn! At least I have a 1/2 growler left of Hunter Gatherer's Ye Olde Bastard. That's good stuff. 8.5% ABV and a sweet, malty texture with a nice hoppy finish. Wish I had some more of that, as my Scarlet Ale and my Off-Kilter 80 Shillings are a ways from being done.......Oh well, I just need to brew more often!

I'm also trying my first sorghum beer tonight. I have to try one before I brew one for my celiac friend.

Stone 10th Anniversary IPA from 2006!

We went down to the brewery and restraunt last night. They had the last keg of 10th anniversary in the company so I got a growler full. I still have a couple bottles in the fridge, but now I can keep them longer.

The bitterness and hop flavor is less than when it was fresh, but it's still got some. The aroma is faint with pineapple and the flavor is malty, a little sweet at first and then you are hit with some hop bitterness and citrusy flavor. Since some of the hops are gone, it's more apparent that this is a 10% abv beer! It's not harsh or too thick, but I am getting som warmth from the alcohol.

Just finished a Dogfish head, World Wide stout.....Seems like a ridiculous amount of barley in that. So good! And now A wolaver's oatmeal stout.

Troegs Nugget Nectar. This growler will be lucky if it makes it until kickoff of the early game...

Got a 4 pack of Hobgoblin in cans. I must say I like hobgoblin much better off tap or in bottles. Im not digging this out of cans very much. I also bought a 4 pack of Rasputin RIS. Gonna dring two, and age two for a year or so. I also had 2 Miller Lite's tonight too. Yea Yea I know. I bought a 6pack to simmer some brats in, and I had two of them.

drunk: Right now I'm trashed on Old Rasputin Imperial stout and Cheesefoods vcca. I love Old Rasputin I wish I had bought more than a four pack.:rockin:

DrunkTrucker said:
drunk: Right now I'm trashed on Old Rasputin Imperial stout and Cheesefoods vcca. I love Old Rasputin I wish I had bought more than a four pack.:rockin:

LOL it looks like Nick Nolte had a little more than you!:D

Believe it or not, I'm having an Olympia right now. The brand has apparently been resurrected by Pabst and is just a bit lighter than PBR. It also tastes slightly stronger on adjuncts IMO.

DrunkTrucker said:
I have to take out a loan to get that stuff here.

Lazy Magnolia's Southern Pecan...

Also, my own Orange Blossom Ale with Amarillos...uhm, they've taken over the brew and my sweet, light ale with mellow hops has become a APA...

...it's good tho!

:drunk:

A 750ml bottle of "Grapes of Wrath" at 12% abv. This beer is kicking my A$$!

I couldn't be happier with it though. :mug:

icewater - follow up to a half dozen SNPA and a couple of my Bocks :}

Back