Hello from Maine!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mainelybeer

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I just recently started brewing and have 4 brews under my belt. Brown Ale, Porter, Oatmeal Stout, and Pale Ale. I'm hooked. Just thought I'd say "hello!"

That's awesome. I've only two brews under my belt...an IPA that is very bitter and a brown ale that is just about ready. I was thinking of doing an oatmeal stout next. Where did you get your ingredients from...and how did it turn out?

That's awesome. I've only two brews under my belt...an IPA that is very bitter and a brown ale that is just about ready. I was thinking of doing an oatmeal stout next. Where did you get your ingredients from...and how did it turn out?

I've been buying from Northern Brewer, a coworker suggested them. I'm pretty pleased so far. Lately I've been browsing Midwest Supplies, too, and they seem to have lots of well-rated kits and ingredients. If anybody has any input about online retailers, I'd love to hear it.

My brown ale (Northern Brewer's Caribou Slobber) is currently carbonating in the bottle, almost done. I've tasted it a few times and the flavors are good, just waiting for some bubbles. I've got a porter in secondary that I'm waiting to bottle, the oatmeal stout has been in primary for 10 days, and the pale ale has been in primary for 2 days. I can't wait until a month or two pass so I can drink all of this beer!

Midwest Supplies is where I get my stuff now, they're pretty much the cheapest around.

Glad to see another Mainer here. I'm down in Windham. Welcome to the forrum!

My brown ale is also Caribou Slobber. Been bottle conditioning for two weeks now. Tried one last night and it was pretty good. Might need to sit a little longer though.

Latest posts

Back