Is false bottom best option for 58L brew kettle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beerbuck said:
one for my mash kettle and one for my boil kettle

For a mash tun, there are a lot of options that have different pluses and minuses. Unless you say more about your set up and your goals, it's hard to give meaningful answers. I have a false bottom and am happy with it. Others have braids and they seem to like them.

For a boil kettle, it mostly just depends on what you are trying to do. What are you trying to filter out?

Throw out some specifics if you want help. Your question right now is too general to be answerable.

Well, ill set up a new system with 58L stainless keg brewery, Presently in my cooler mash tun I have a copper manifold, but in the keg the valve wont be at the bottom thats why i wonder which option is the best.
For my boil kettle, I want to filter the hops, using pellets and leaf .

Well, ill set up a new system with 58L stainless keg brewery, Presently in my cooler mash tun I have a copper manifold, but in the keg the valve wont be at the bottom thats why i wonder which option is the best.
For my boil kettle, I want to filter the hops, using pellets and leaf .

False bottoms should work fine for both of those purposes, though of course there are other options too.

Back