Rogue 13 Colonies Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't bother- I posted this while it was chilling to see if anyone had tried it... it is awful... gushed out of the bottle and made a mess- smelled like medicine and tasted like... hard to describe- the best I can come up with is flat Coors Light without the hops- thin, light and skanky... is it some kind of joke? Rogue makes really good beer- hard to imagine they actually let this be sold... save your money- I dumped it down the sink and I NEVER dump brew...

I looked up the brew and here is a quote on what goes into the mead:

Rogue Farms 19 Original Colonies Mead is brewed using give ingredients: Rogue Farms Hopyard Honey, Wild Flower Honey, Jasmine Green Teas Leaves, Champagne Yeast and Free Range Coastal Water.

A Tea infused Metheglin like this can have that skunky odd taste to it when young. My very first was a chamomille mead and it was bloody awful at first. After some proper aging though it did get mutch better. And the metheglin was better served with a higher gravity rather than it being dry.

Latest posts

Back