Is this ready to bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhoenixCoyote

Reaction score
Hello All,
I only have a single stage right now. Primary has been fermenting for one week today. I am getting some bubbles once every 3-4 minutes, is it safe to bottle today? It's a "Continental Pilsner" from a kit, temp has been around 70. Not a true pilsner though, room temp ferment. Thank You. I hope everybody has a good weekend.

It's probably ready. It will continue to send bubbles through the air lock for quite a long time, as diffused CO2 escapes the solution. If it's covered, you won't be hurt by leaving it another day or two...

If you have a hydrometer, I'd take a reading every day or two for the next couple of days...if the reading stays the same, I'd say you're ready to bottle. Most beers I've ever done, I've waited at least 2-3 weeks before bottling, if for nothing else than to let extra 'stuff' settle out of the beer. The other side of things is, you don't want to have exploding bottles.

I'd wait. But while you're waiting...

BREW ON:mug:

Probably OK but when I do only single stage brewing (which is about every other batch, when I make my "house beer"), I let it sit in the fermenter for two weeks.

Latest posts

Back