Neutrik PowerCon Connectors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patricknobles

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am looking to make disconnects on my e-BIAB kettle and wanted to use the PowerCon connectors. I am running a 1500 (x2) 120v system.

I want two colors to keep the terminals separate (even though, theoretically, 120v will be delivered to each...) When looking online, the parts I assume I need are listed as:

Neutrik NAC3MPA-1 powerCON Chassis Connector Power In Blue - female
Neutrik NAC3FCA powerCON Cable Connector Power In Blue - male

both are listed as "power-in". Shouldn't one be "in" and one be "out"?

They look like they'll work (male and female power adapters...) but not sure about the "in" and "out" wording. Any advice?

Thanks!

I use generic versions of them in my setup. They're very nice. I like the way they twist lock so much better than the regular speakon connectors. Alien got it perfectly the blue goes to the blue and grey to the grey.

This page shows a good diagram of the difference, it's basically impossible to plug a grey into a blue.
http://www.neutrik.com/en/audio/powercon/powercon-20-a/nac3fca

I personally found them much easier to wire than the Speakon connectors as well. The male end uses screw terminals while the female end uses quick disconnect terminals.

These look way better than the switchcraft speakon connectors, too bad they would only work for 120V set ups...perfect for, but not most electric brewers using 240V.

Also worth a look are the powercon true1 connectors which are much favoured by UK brewers - 250V/20A, waterproof connection, and can safely be unplugged while in use.

I guess they are rate for up to 250V but it said they are to be used with 3wire configurations. 1 line, 1 nuetrel, 1 ground... Most people are running 240 4 wire configurations.

I use generic versions of them in my setup. They're very nice. I like the way they twist lock so much better than the regular speakon connectors. Alien got it perfectly the blue goes to the blue and grey to the grey.

This page shows a good diagram of the difference, it's basically impossible to plug a grey into a blue.
http://www.neutrik.com/en/audio/powercon/powercon-20-a/nac3fca

I personally found them much easier to wire than the Speakon connectors as well. The male end uses screw terminals while the female end uses quick disconnect terminals.

Do you have a link to the generic ones? Sounds interesting.

A link would be awesome!

I guess they are rate for up to 250V but it said they are to be used with 3wire configurations. 1 line, 1 nuetrel, 1 ground... Most people are running 240 4 wire configurations.

To the element I thought people just ran 3wire, 2 hot and the ground. Is that inaccurate? Where does the neutral get wired to then?

Also, I thought the prices seemed reasonable here: http://www.parts-express.com/cat/ac-power-connectors/1560

Maybe they're not though?

Best price factoring in s/h for the various Neurtrik connectors is daleproaudio.com. I ordered for them multiple times with great experiences.

Back