Aaarggh

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whattawort

Reaction score
Ok, just have to get this off my chest

My brother just called me and told me that his house was broken into....again! After the 1st time he and his wife took a complete inventory of everything they owned (make, model, serial #s), got a premium alarm service, and installed solid steel doors and anchored steel door frames to the studs. They live in a small(ish) house in a decent neighborhood. They're not rich, they don't have a lot of high end electronics, and there's nothing about their house that would make it an obvious target of opportunity. The part that really makes me fume is that the ****** that broke into the house ransacked my brother's 2 yr old daughter's bedroom. She's been pretty sick lately, so it's a blessing that she and his wife weren't home at the time. What heartless nutjob would plow through a toddler's room? Thankfully, all they got was the tv in the living room. The perp left a solid footprint and the cops saw someone hauling ass out of the neighborhood as they arrived. Since he has the serial number of the tv, the perp is screwed if they try to pawn it. They didn't find/steal his gun or the jewelry, so there's that. He's had a pretty rough time lately with a bunch of other stuff, so this was especially hard on him. He wants to move his family back up here, but the job market for his field of expertise is crap right now.

The man needs a break!

Stole a tv but left the jewelry and stumbled around the baby's room? Sounds to me like a desperate crackhead looking to pawn just enough for nexties.

That sucks. Stupid people suck...

You should probably give him a homebrew so he can temporarily relax. TRFAGRHAHB? (temporarily relax, forget about getting robbed, have a home brew??? probably not going to catch on as the next acronym but it couldn't hurt for them)

That sucks. Stupid people suck...

You should probably give him a homebrew so he can temporarily relax. TRFAGRHAHB? (temporarily relax, forget about getting robbed, have a home brew??? probably not going to catch on as the next acronym but it couldn't hurt for them)

I wish he didn't live 5hrs away, otherwise I would.

Thanks everyone. I just had to vent. Between this and all the other crap he's dealing with, I don't know how he's even functioning right now. He asked if I could ship him a 5th of Cutty. Wish it wasn't against the law.

Latest posts

Back