Women's Forum Revisited

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
On a few other forums I visit that are 99.9% males they have a forum for female's to discuss amongst themselves. A few are popular and a few aren't.

I'm curious to hear from the females on this forum if you think this is a good idea or not. A forum here just for women to discuss. Do you think other women will be attracted by this or it won't matter?

Well, I'm not sure it's necessary. It's a nice gesture but I don't know how much we'd use it. I read almost all of the posts, and they are pretty gender neutral. (Sorry if that sounds de-masculating to you guys). I don't know that I'd have any more in common with another woman brewer than I do the men. I've never been intimidated by any of the men or been afraid to say what's on my mind.

What I want from this forum is info on brewing, equipment, recipes, and ideas on how to improve. I'm getting all that with things they way they are.

Just my .02.

Lorena

I dig chicks like her!!! :ban: :mug:

(I mean that in a non-threatening, internet-friendly, gender neutral sort of way) :drunk:

In all seriousness, I think such forums are a good idea when you have a younger, less mature crowd. But overall, I have been extremely impressed with the friendliness and maturity on this board. Sometimes I catch myself reverting back to old habits and then saying, "Behave yourself.. you're on HBT and these people are nice" It's really refreshing. So I don't think a chick forum is necessary, but I'm a guy, so what do I know?

Anyway, if you do decide to create a women's forum, I suggest you call it "Wenches Only!" :D

Back