bottling from the keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LovesIPA

Reaction score
I'm relatively new to brewing. I've only brewed about five batches so far but I've discovered that bottling is a major PITA and I'd like to start kegging. However, I'd like to be able to grab a six-pack of homebrew and bring it with me to a poker game, party with friends, etc.

Here's the question: Can I just fill a sanitized bottle with beer from the keg, cap it and take it with me? I can't see any reason why not but figured I'd ask.

It would be difficult because you would not easily be able to fill the bottle high enough and you would not be able to push the O2 out of the bottle. If you want to grab and go and know you will be drinking quickly fill a growler. If not look into a beer gun from Blichmann they are not crazy expensive and you can bottle from a keg a purge the O2. I have one and really like it.

I just put a hose on the tap, 1/2", fill 3/4 in 2 L soda bottle, squeeze air out cap with CO2 cap that fits on your CO2 bottle. Add up to 50 lb CO2. Head to party

Back