3 Tier Gravity Sytem Build/Improvement

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlaureanti

Reaction score
Hello there,

So here's the story, my friend cannot brew at his apartment and wants to invest in a system, specifically, my system :rockin: the goal is to begin brewing weekly. Yes, I did warn him that to do this we will need adequate space to ferment and serve and all the delicious beer we will be brewing (which means there will be fermentation and kegerator builds to post soon too).

I already have a 3 tier sculpture, two keggles, thermocoupler (which will be mounted this weekend hopefully)
2011-05-01174505.jpg

Low temp mag drive pump, 25' copper 3/8" IC, one randal temperature controller and one full size whirlpool side by side fridge. The fridge will eventually have the middle wall cut out and hopefully house four sanke fermenters.
2011-05-04202938.jpg

The infinite threads on DIY projects has helped me tremendously so hopefully I can meld all the wonderful ideas together and this might help some else out someday.

It has been a slow build so far but it should be a quick improvement with the new found friend involved. I would appreciate some critiques on my ideas and if you have any improvements i would really appreaciate the help :mug:

So heres my idea for the brew setup (sorry for not cropping)
Picture1.png

I plan to buy the coleman 70 qt cooler for a mash tun (only $40 at walmart) and install a sparge system as well as a straining system. Currently, I use a bazooka screen and it works well.. with a little tip.. but I think Im gonna duplicate the building of my sparge system and use it as a drainage device (shown below).

Picture2.png

Basically, I plan to use stainless steel quick connects on everything and I am also in the process of converting my IC into a CFC. That should happen this weekend. I have a parts list that I will post now that I think of it. I hope to get it all done in under $700... I priced my parts out high and came to around $1350. So, this isn't terribly expensive and should give me not only a higher yield, but also the ability to once again make more beer :rockin:

Here's some cost sheets and the locations from where I plan to buy them. I will update them when I make the purchases, soon.

Cost1.png

Cost2.png

Cost3.png

:mug: Cheers Yo

So my pictures got deleted... oops... It just so happens I am in the middle of upgrading again. So, here we go.

2011-07-18163231.jpg

New Chiller setup. Surprisingly the wood piece did not get set on fire... yet, anyway.

2011-08-14154129.jpg

Back