Raspberry Wheat Recipe (Mini Mash)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

endless889

Reaction score
hey hey,

i've been trying to sift through these forums to find a mini mash recipe (using LME) ..i've seem to have found all grains and DME. anyone have one they'd like to share? the weather is breaking and i'm about to have room for a new batch in the primary. any help is appreciated.

this is what i'm kind of thinking from gathering people's recipes (i;m not a hefe' fan either)

5lbs wheat LME
2lbs wheat or 2 row malt?
9-12 oz of 20/40L malt?
wyeast lond ale (i don't want the hefe yeast)
halleuter hops?
i've seen some saying fuggles as well?
40oz of frozen raspberries to flash freeze and add to secondary when racking.

Looks like a solid recipe. Wheat can be tricky to deal with since it doesn’t have a husk, so I would probably just use 2-row in your mini-mash. Assuming you are just doing a bittering addition the hop you select isn’t that important, especially since you’ll probably be under 20 IBUs. English ale yeast could be interesting, and it will leave a bit more sweetness than something like 1056/001.

In the future it is pretty easy to convert DME to LME, you’ll just need a little extra since you get less gravity from an equivalent weight. Similarly you could swap out most of wheat/pale in an all-grain recipe, and play around with the hops to compensate for a partial boil.

Good luck brewing.

Back