• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ohio Johnson Controls Analog Temperature Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrklueber

Reaction score
SOLD.

One used Johnson Controls Analog Temperature Controller - $35 plus shipping.

SOLD.

mrklueber said:
One used Johnson Controls Analog Temperature Controller - $35 plus shipping.

How old and how precise does the temp go I'm looking at a digital controller but this a great price.

How old and how precise does the temp go I'm looking at a digital controller but this a great price.

Several years old, but was working yesterday when I took it out of service. The temperature setting is accurate to within approximately 5F. I always use an independent thermometer to check my controllers, whether digital or analog.

What did you use it for?

I used it as an external thermostat to control an ice cream freezer at beer serving temperatures. I also used it to control a refrigerator at beer fermentation temperatures - 50F to 70F.

I bought this a controller from this same seller. I love it! I used another thermometer to make sure it was accurate for my chest freezer and it was. I Highly recommend buying it. The seller will ship it very fast too!

Any pics of the controller? Why are you getting rid of it?

I replaced it with a dual stage STC-1000 based controller so I could have two different beers fermenting in my fermentation chamber. This controller works very well and will control the temperature to within 2F of the set temperature. However, as BLGolfer72 stated, you need to verify the temperature with an independent thermometer to make sure that the dial is reflecting what temperature you wish.
I can't seem to upload pictures but if you google Johnson Controls Analog Temperature Controller, the picture is exactly like what I am selling.

Back