No more Snow Plow?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOOTER

Reaction score
I dig Widmer Brrr, but when it came out it essentially took the place of Snowplow as Widmer's winter seasonal. You could still find Snowplow in 22's last year but I couldn't find it anywhere this year. It's not even on their website anymore. Damn that was a killer stout. I always looked forward to it every year. Unless someone knows something I don't, I guess Snowplow's days are over. :(

What a pisser. I haven't tried Brrr yet (I am holding off on drinking the Winter beers until Thanksgiving weekend), but I lurved me some Snow Plow. Looks like a clone brew is going to have to be in the hopper!

Ron Widmer says they'll have it back. They just didn't want to do two winter warmers this year with the slow economy.

Brrr is fantastic. There are plenty of good stouts out there, and I think Brrr is a much more unique product.

Unique is right. It's not only my favorite winter brew, it's one of the best hoppy brews I've ever had period. My two favorite styles are IPA's and stouts so it made sense to me to offer both Snowplow and Brrr. I'll just have to brew up a milk stout for early next year.

Back