secondary for Winexpert kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troutab81

Reaction score
It has been about a week with a vigorous fermentation in the primary. Airlock still going every 3 seconds or so.

Looking to rack to secondary, but do you think I need to let it sit ablittle bit longer until airlock activity has ceased?

It has been about a week with a vigorous fermentation in the primary. Airlock still going every 3 seconds or so.

Looking to rack to secondary, but do you think I need to let it sit ablittle bit longer until airlock activity has ceased?

No, just when the SG gets to the target in the instructions- usually .996 or less for most of those kits.

Promise I'm not new to this :) but wine is a new land for me. Racked to secondary, siphon was not good on the autosiphon. What seemed like air getting in when transferring. Hope that's fine?

Also, noticed a small hair in secondary. Worth worrying about and need to get out now or just in 10 days at next stage?

I had the same problem. Kit says 5-7 days in the primary but I was actively fermenting at day 10. I did the same as you. Ugly transfer but went to the secondary and it is still fermenting. My transfer was ugly because of the chips and wood in the primary. Crossing my fingers.

Back