Pacific Gem hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halbrust

Reaction score
If I don't hear back from members of my brew club I may have some Pacific Gem hops for sale.

Assuming I do, I'll sell them to anyone here for the same cost agreed upon by my club of 2.35/oz

Pacific Gem Hops 1oz Pellets
Product Description
Usage: Dual

Description: Does not carry the punchy aromas usually associated with higher Alpha hops. Pacific Gem contains a good balance of oils which constantly contributes to its aroma score. A very pleasing hop with useful bittering potential with Alpha Acids at 13 % and above.

Pacific Gem fills the brew house with enticing aromas during kettle addition and has been described as producing oaken flavours with a distinct blackberry aroma. Typically used as a first hop addition and makes its presence felt through an excellent tempered bitterness and flavour. Well suited to a wide range of beer styles and lends itself well to European Lager styles of various bitterness levels.

Although these hops are not yet "Certified" organic, they are pesticide and spray free.

Typical Alpha Acid: 13-15%
Country of Origin: New Zealand

Other Details
Current Alpha Acid %: 14.6
Beta Acid %: 8
Co-Humulone %: 38.5

Back