acronyms

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rondacker

Reaction score
Been interested in brewing for a while now.
I've been pouring over this site for weeks!
(First delivery, a basic partial extract kit, in the mail.)
All of the acronyms used here are getting my brain aching:cross:.
Can anyone point me to a glossary, or offer one?

I'm already researching an electric set-up, thus, the exposure to the alphabet:confused:.

Oh..I post in DIY, because, I'm a tinkerer, already planning an electric set-up.

Thanks for the help!
Great forum!

All of the acronyms used here are getting my brain aching:cross:.

LOL.. I hear ya man.. I've been thinking about starting such a glossary myself...

BK = Boil Kettle
MT = Mash Tun
MLT = Mash/Lauter Tun
HLT = Hot Liquor tank
IC = Immersion Chiller
CFC = Counterflow chiller
DGB = the book "Designing Great Beer"
HTB = The book, "How To Brew"
RDWHAHB = Relax, don't worry, have a home brew
SWMBO = ???? Seems to be wife/girlfriend or something like that :D (edit: She Who Must Be Obeyed)
IPA = India Pale Ale
APA = ?? American Pale Ale (I think)
BMC (or BmC) = Bud/miller/coors
WP = Whirlpool
HBT = Home Brew Talk (this forum)
QD = Quick Disconnect
LHBS = Local Home Brew Shop
DME = Dry Malt Extract
LME = Liquid Malt Extract
RIMS = ???
HERMS = ???

Good luck, that's about as far as I can take you.. Been scratching my head on this stuff for a while now myself
:mug:

RIMS = ?? (recirc in mash system maybe?)
HERMS = ???

I kinda know what they do, but not the actual word for word translation...

I know, what is with all these EACs giving it up like that?!?!? :mad::D

Awesome, should take some time to figure that one out. It makes me cringe when people spill the beans so easy on SWMBO. Although the people usually responsible for spilling said beans probably don't qualify as EAC's do they?

Haha, I just finished the quest to find the meaning of EAC. I now have a new favorite acronym.

Now don't you feel much more satisfied having found it out by using the tools at your disposal. It's far more empowering than having it spoon fed to you.

:)

No i dont. - i thought i knew what it was but tried to search EAC, spent an hour and got no where. Then i searched the 3 actual words that i originaly thought EAC meant and i'm not 100% sure its correct. THere were only 4 posts that had those 3 words, so i'm leaning to that i was correct. BUT, how do i know for sure? I'm sure as hell not going to just post it after it took me so long to find it.

Now don't you feel much more satisfied having found it out by using the tools at your disposal. It's far more empowering than having it spoon fed to you.

:)

Ok, I feel I must get something straightened out here.

A proper EAC title must be given. It can never be just earned. You must work hard with the right provider, who can then endow upon you the title.

I guess if you just claim it, then technically it fits. But I still will never think so much of myself that I would claim it upon myself. The HONOR of the title only comes when presented by those who truly feel you are an EAC and to whom you have been an EAC to.

[Ok, I’ll shut up now.]

Wait…one more thing.

SWMBO = She Who May Be Ovulating

Would I be an EAC if after finding the meaning, I thought of it as immature, sophomoric, and seriously anti-climactic?
:D

True, the title is immature and sophomoric, but apparently you missed the point. It was not about the climax, but the fore play. Once I found it I had to reread the whole thread. It was way better the second time around knowing the climax was coming.

It was the presenter that made the title so cool. Thus the honor was given and NOT really earned.

r8rphan, it is my understanding that it CANNOT be found unless you are a Premium Supporter. You may not have it right.

(Just do not post your answer here to find out. I'd hate to think you are right and spoiled the much honored title. )

I found enough references to it to put 2 and 2 together.. LOL

And you are enjoying the quest 'wayyy' to much... :D

In the tradeshow biz, an EAC is an Exhibitor Appointed Contractor.

I don't think that's what it is here...

…
And you are enjoying the quest 'wayyy' to much... :D
I must admit that while I do not dare claim the title that, yes, I must say it is fun to watch as the little people search for the elusive meaning of the illustrious title.:cool:

Back