it's reaching for me!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oguss0311

Reaction score
So I gave a buddy one of my planted rhizomes, and it's doing better than the ones I kept. We notice that they are starting to get "Arms" (As I've seen them referred to around here). Do people try to train these branchy arms To anything? Do people typically let them grow independently of any support? Do we take no course of action?
I've done nothing, because personally- Mine are just a few inches and my tallest plant can't be over 10 feet. But his seems to be fairing better-
We'd love to hear what- if anything- people do regarding these "Arms".
Thanks!

Amazing how different locations vary in how soon they take off. In southern Michigan mine are only about 18" tall and just started to wrap around the arbor thing they are going to grow on for this year. You guys down south have full grown hops already!!

I started training the arms at the bottom to keep them off the ground, but I'm going to stop now as they get taller.

Back