Sam Adams Alpine Spring?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airborneguy

Retired and Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Never heard of it until just now at the store when I saw the 12pk. Snatched it right up and I'm drinking one now. I love Kellerbiers, but they are hard to find. This is a really good example. Anyone else had it?

Never heard of it, Airborneguy, and prob will never see it. East Texas is ALMOST a vacuum of craft beers. :(

We do have Sam Adams...but it's very limited. So sad! I might do some trades...I'm sure you can get most everything up there though! lol

I mean...very limited as to the type of sam we get down here. Boston Lager, yeah...and maybe a Brewmaster 12 of 6 variety...

Just tried it an hour ago. Refreshing and light but a bit thin. There was another new release that I can't remember and lost the email about.

CaptKiRkLeS said:
I just had it myself. Thought it was great. Now only if it was a hot, muggy day, it would really hit the spot!

Yeah. Wrong time of year to be releasing this. Maybe they running out of winter lager.

Not sure I agree with that other than because of the name choice. Kellerbeir is just an unfiltered lager, its not a "seasonal" beer per se.

I don't find it to be lacking in body at all (thin as Stevo described it), and it certainly is not a light beer. Personally, I was surprised by how good it is.

Tomakebeer, I see you have a recipe for one of my favorite pale ales. Gonna give it a try. Looks like we're almost neighbors. I'm near Paris, Tx.

Not sure I agree with that other than because of the name choice. Kellerbeir is just an unfiltered lager, its not a "seasonal" beer per se.

I don't find it to be lacking in body at all (thin as Stevo described it), and it certainly is not a light beer. Personally, I was surprised by how good it is.

I take back th thin part of what I said. It was ice cold at first review. After it warmed a bit it did have more body. Still reminds me of a summerish beer though with the lemony citrisy crispness. I do taste a little honey malt I think.

BigDaddy...yeah, in Texas...you are close enough to be a neighbor! lol Love Pale Ales and IPAs right now...Good luck with it sir! :)

Just tried the beer last weekend, I thought it was really good, like others said I think I'll enjoy it more in warmer weather. It was on sale, and I'd be happy to have that as a go to beer in the spring. I saw one lone 12 pack at the grocery store, but then at another store I found it in the mixed Brewmaster's collection, and I really liked the WhiteWater IPA in it.

The sampler also has a Mighty Oak Ale that I don't have much of an opinion on besides it taste like most Sam beers. I don't detect any oak probably because it is toned down so far for the masses. Should have called it the Baby Oak Ale.

The sampler also has a Mighty Oak Ale that I don't have much of an opinion on besides it taste like most Sam beers. I don't detect any oak probably because it is toned down so far for the masses. Should have called it the Baby Oak Ale.

+1 on the Baby Oake, that was definitely the let down in the pack for me, when I read it was an oaked red ale I thought it would have alot more character to it and was eager to try it.

YAY! I just found the brewer's choice package at the local BIG liquor store! (Apparently, they just expanded and now we have at least some selection!) Looking forward to the White Water IPA!

YAY! I just found the brewer's choice package at the local BIG liquor store! (Apparently, they just expanded and now we have at least some selection!) Looking forward to the White Water IPA!

I don't think it's maybe as big of an IPA as some would expect or like, for me the aroma was a big part of the beer, kind of mild on the IBU's probably. According to Sam Adam's website, it's a blend of white ale and IPA.

Just tried it an hour ago. Refreshing and light but a bit thin. There was another new release that I can't remember and lost the email about.

I think the Alpine Spring is pretty good.To me it`s a lawnmower beer.
I found a new Adams that I havn`t seen before.Maybe it`s the one you are thinking of ,It`s called Blackberry Wit.I`m not much on berry beers,but this one is not bad,it`s much better than Lennies berry weisse.

Had the blackberry wit a while ago and thought it was horrible. But I don't like fruit in beer.
IMHO fruit belongs in wine:D

so is this the noble pils replacement? i rather have a noble pils verus a apline spring but i havent tasted a apline spring yet.....seasonal "apline spring" released in january?

so is this the noble pils replacement? i rather have a noble pils verus a apline spring but i havent tasted a apline spring yet.....seasonal "apline spring" released in january?

I believe that Noble Pils is going to be available year round and Alpine Spring is the replacement seasonal.

I'm ready for spring :)

dmaxweb said:
I believe that Noble Pils is going to be available year round and Alpine Spring is the replacement seasonal.

I'm ready for spring :)

That'd be nice... by the time I really want to drink noble pils (June / july) it's always basically gone. Ill have to try this new Alpine spring.

Clann said:
Had the blackberry wit a while ago and thought it was horrible. But I don't like fruit in beer.
IMHO fruit belongs in wine:D

I do like fruit in beer, but I found the blackberry wit to be undrinkable. Luckly my husband will drink nearly anything and he finished it off.

I tried the new alpine spring on draft today and it was fantastic. I too would like to see a clone recipe come around for this one.

just had this, at applebee's on tap. my first though was yup its just like all their other beers, they have a heavy feeling i just dont like and i was looking for more hop flavor to balance out the malt i was tasting allot of.

its not a bad beer but its not something i'll pay for again

I'm impressed. A Sam Adams thread that doesn't have 100 people foaming at the mouth to bash every aspect of their beers!

BTW, Alpine Spring is delicious!

:mug:

I find the Noble Pils comment to be odd considering it has garnered multiple threads on this site about how good it is. Noble Pils is one of the best pilsners I've ever had when fresh.

I like a lot of Sam Adams beers (from MA) and I really wanted to like this one....but I thought it was terrible. I think they are trying too hard.

Enough with the lemon Jim!

I do like the new Alpine Springs, but something really needs to be done about breweries releasing seasonal beers too soon. Spring starts late March, so did Sam Adams really need to get their spring beer to market in early January? Then come March, Sam Summer will be out.

i saw this at the store but decided to get SN stout instead. So its basically a different version of noble pils but very similar?

Latest posts

Back