Jewbeard's Second Brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cap'n Jewbeard

Reaction score
It's called Hoist Thee Blacke Flag.

I think this will be my new format for labels, until I get ambitious with the art and start using a color printer.

Enjoy!

HoistTheeBlackeFlag.jpg

I like.

The font for the beer name is good. It looks like script but is still easy to read. Some script fonts are too hard to read, but this one looks good. Mind if I ask what it is?

I dont mean to offend but with your brewery name and that label picture i was wondering if infact that skull and cross bones was wearing a yamaka?

Not just the headgear, suckah, but the full-on payes as well! That's right! Pirate side-locks, baby! Yeee-haw!

Jew-pirates are baaaaddaaassss pirates.

Heh. Sorry- getting a little carried away. But yes, "Cap'n Jewbeard" is in fact a Jewish pirate.

Cool. I was just wondering.

lol, i can think of all kinds of names for brews along the religious line of naming, but the pirate theme, i will leave to you cap'n.

Aye, and 'tis best that ye do, for me plank be long, and in need of walkin'...

I means... the Ship's plank...

I means... gah. I've just shivered me own timbers.

P funky said:
Gladly! The Script font is called "Aquiline 2", available here: http://www.moorstation.org/typoasis/pirates/

Just click on the block of text to download.

By the way, I used "UglyQua" for the block lettering- and you could probably do something great with the Initials version of it as well.
Excellent! I'm always on the lookout for good fonts. Thanks.

Back