Scoooooorrrrrrrreeeee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chattan

Reaction score
The sun, moon, and all the stars were aligned this Christmas. We stayed in a house with a business underneath for our Christmas family get together. They also have a closed restaurant next door to our apartment and they had a few things lying around the back from the previous business.

There were 9 cornies outside in the back of the house, well acutally 8 Cornies and one Challenger VI.
These had soda still in them and all had pressure:
img_1332-58106.jpg

These were empty but still had pressure in them:
img_1334-58105.jpg

I was beside myself trying to figure out how to approach them and ask if they would sell them. They had been outside since 2006 or so. So I asked if they had any plans for the kegs and they GAVE them to me!

SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!9

9 cornies for $0!

Let the kegging begin!

WOOT!

They look to be in good shape, too. Nice find dumpster driver. LOL

It doesn't get any better than that! Nice score.

Well it does, once i was asked to remove some stuff from my neighbor's garage, there was bunch of homebrewing equipment of her Dad that quit brewing and move to europe. I asked her if i can keep it and she said yes and on top of that she paid me $50 for cleaning her garage,
O i almost forgot, after i was done she asked if i want to share few bottels of craft beer with her and later we had amazing sex :p
So see it cant get better, it doesnt happend too often but it is possible, it must be

Those were actually mine, I left them there....by that restaurant....somewhere. You should just give them back to me?

I'll accept it without being mad if you pay shipping.
:D

Those were actually mine, I left them there....by that restaurant....somewhere. You should just give them back to me?

I'll accept it without being mad if you pay shipping.
:D

You are closer to the restaurant than I am now, I am 800 miles from the restaurant! This could be an interesting challenge to find out where they were.

Where were they?

They were by the restaurant...

Just were I left them...

Since around 2006???

I think I left soda in them....?

Oh ok, I'll let you keep them, only if you promise to use them well and give them a loving home. :mug:

Talk about being at the right place at the right time! Congrats! Now fillem up!

Somewhere around the Milwaukee area-Stallis maybe?
I saw the wis pac label which is from the Watertown area originally-right?

You're more than lucky. They had soda in them and left out for 6 years? They must have been near empty when they froze.

Regardless, NICE!

You're more than lucky. They had soda in them and left out for 6 years? They must have been near empty when they froze.

Regardless, NICE!

Nope, more west.

Half of them had soda, one was full of pepsi. It was a shame but I had to dump the pepsi, mountain dew, and one other that I can't remember. I am drinking from the first keg...

Regardless, NICE!

One was completely full, pepsi, the rest other full ones were about half full with the zip tie still around the um, something. That first keg is Gooood

The words, "You lucky bastard" are thrown around so freely these days, they've almost lost their meaning, which is unfortunate, because how else do you describe a situation such as this?

Good on you sir.

The words, "You lucky bastard" are thrown around so freely these days, they've almost lost their meaning, which is unfortunate, because how else do you describe a situation such as this?

Good on you sir.

I am one of the lucky bastards and loving it!

The only thing is that the rubber on the outside is degraded and it leaves black where ever I put the kegs. A ring at the bottom of the keg. Any suggestions to reduce the rubber degradation?

Latest posts

Back