Keggle Parts List

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OatStraw

Reaction score
Does anyone of a parts list for a full 3 Keg conversion. Wanting to do a HLT, MT and BK. I know I will need a false bottom kit like this for the MT, but is there a list of all the other stuff I am going to be requiring?

Check out bargainfittings.com
BK: weldless bulkhead kit with valve and a bazooka tube/screen to keep the hops from plugging your valve when you transfer to fermenter.
MT: weldless bulkhead with valve. Dip tube with compression fittings. False bottom. Thermometer with weldless install kit.
HLT: same as the MT but no false bottom needed.
I have a 1/2 inch hose barb on each of the ball valves. Everything is stainless.

ForumRunner_20121228_124913.jpg

ForumRunner_20121228_124933.jpg

ForumRunner_20121228_124957.jpg

ForumRunner_20121228_125035.jpg

Bargain fittings doesn't have false bottoms but I got a really nice one on EBay for about $30 or maybe $40. The one in you link would probably be just fine, but dont expect those rubber gaskets at the end of the tube to hold the false bottom in place when stirring. The dip tube I got from bargainfittings was long and I cut off what I didnt need (about an inch). The tube sticks down a good inch in the false bottom so I dont knock it off and have a stuck sparge.

Man writing that sounds like something.from shades of gray... hehe

Bargain fittings doesn't have false bottoms but I got a really nice one on EBay for about $30 or maybe $40. The one in you link would probably be just fine, but dont expect those rubber gaskets at the end of the tube to hold the false bottom in place when stirring. The dip tube I got from bargainfittings was long and I cut off what I didnt need (about an inch). The tube sticks down a good inch in the false bottom so I dont knock it off and have a stuck sparge.

Man writing that sounds like something.from shades of gray... hehe

Thanks Komo this is great info!

You're welcome. Forgot one thing. I got a sight tube for the HLT. The weldless fitting for it also holds the thermometer so it's one less hole to drill in your keg.
Its amazing how fast the cart builds up and causes sticker shock, but if you buy it once you wont have to replace anything for a LONG time.
One side note, I dismantle my keggles and all the fittings a few times a year. Its good to clean everything really good, especially the brew kettle ball valve assembly to make sure there is no muck in there since you transfer to the primary... don't want any bacteria in there. I have been very happy with all the gadgets I've got from there... will be getting a few chugger pumps soon and will switch up the hose barbs to quick detaches to make life easy once I do that.

Well I ordered the parts, and you weren't joking about the sticker shock!

From Bargain Fittings:
2X: 1/2" NPT SS 2 piece ball valve

2X: CENTER pickup - Weldless version drain / dip tube SS kit
- Compression Adapter Fitting: 1/2" male npt x 1/2" tube - Standard option

2X: NEW - KEG Weldless Bulkhead Kit
- Inside the vessel fitting: COUPLING - Standard option
- Valve : <NONE>
- Hose Barb (valve outlet): 1/2" Male NPT x 1/2" Hose SS

From Brew Hardware
2X Thermo/Sight Kit Weldless Item# WLST240R
1X Step Bit Size: Small - 3/16 to 7/8" in 1/16" increments

Within minutes the Bargainfittings.com stuff shipped and I received a Tracking number. VERY impressive.

Back