Cooler score!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srice

Reaction score
I'm getting ready for my first AG brew this weekend and decided that I will go ahead and set up a HLT instead of trying to manage with just my BK, MT and a few buckets. I stopped by Home Depot to pick up a 10 gallon drink cooler. As I was looking at the stock on the shelf, I noticed one cooler was missing the valve and it was rather dusty since it had been sitting for a long time. I grabbed it and headed to the service desk to see if they would negotiate on an incomplete product. After a brief negotiation, I walked out with a $22 cooler with the first step of my HLT conversion completed for me!

Nice, I ALWAYS look for stuff like this. especially where I know CONTRACTORS steal items from.

Air tools, drill bits kits, tile boxes, ratchet sets I get some nice deals every now and then.

Saw a chest freezer all banged up 7.2CUFT frid. for under $100.

missing the valve?

how much of it?

with my converted cooler, I still had to keep & use one of the parts from the original drain assembly. needed the gasket to keep the conversion from leaking

missing the valve?

how much of it?

with my converted cooler, I still had to keep & use one of the parts from the original drain assembly. needed the gasket to keep the conversion from leaking

The gasket was still sitting inside the cooler ;)

There was actually a second cooler sitting there in the same shape. If I had a need for it, I would have grabbed it too.

And I've got a $110 7 ft freezer as my fermentation chamber. It was sitting in the discount area of Lowe's with a dent in a back corner. It was missing one of the hinge covers and I was attempting to knock a few more $$ off for that when SWMBO pulled a cover off the other dented freezer and stuck it on the one I was interested in.

I do have to give credit to SWMBO because she is an excellent shopper and we have a basement full of slightly dented canned goods from Kroger which she picks up from the scratch and dent section.

Back