Medieval Brewer in Boston

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aoife3Sheets

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm a longtime lurker of these fantastic forums, but decided it was time to go ahead and join for real.

I'm beginning to expand my brewing from historical fruit wines and meads into beers. I am also making recipes for brews from the Game of Thrones series, which should be a blast. I'm pretty excited, and can't wait to share my experiences with everyone. :)

That is one of the coolest things i've ever heard of, game of thrones brews, I love that show.i just made made my 1st cyser with honey from one of my own hives, super exited about that.what are you going to make from the show?

what are you going to make from the show?

All of the things! :)

I'm going to use a sort of pseudo-locavore approach to everything I make, so the brews in the North will take into account the temperatures, mineral water (hopefully), need for caloric intake, and regional ingredients, such as oak, pines, honey, etc.

I think first up are a couple of dark beers (my favorite) from the North, such as a stout and a porter. I am working on a Gruit for Greywater Watch, and hope to get a Fraoch going soon, too.

However, any suggestions are more than welcome, as I'm pretty new to the beer side of things. :)

Back