Bottling from the keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evandam

Reaction score
I have a IPA that I would like to get about 12 bottles out of before I keg it. Is it possible when I first rack it to the keg to just draw a few right off the tap while it is still flat into bottles with corn sugar? Or should I just buy a bottle filler, fill the 12 bottles and then take it off and finish by filling the keg?

You can probably do any number of those.

You don't need a bottling want either. A broken racking cane fits perfectly into a cobra tap and if you drop the serving PSI down to like 3 and vent the keg, you can trickle fully carbed beer into the bottle.

Do some searches too, as there's a number of methods for this roaming around.

Well, I've done it several ways. I've used carbonation drops and put them in individual bottles and when I racked to the keg, I racked some beer into those bottles and capped them. I've also force carbonated a keg, and then used this technique to fill bottles as needed: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=24678

It's a long thread, but there is a video in there, too, by BobbyM that demonstrates this. It works great, and then you don't need a beer gun.

THANK YOU!!!!

That is exactly what I needed. Will be ordering the parts pronto.

I got to tell ya. I was a heartbeat away from ordering a bottle filler when I found the thread about the BMBF, and that is the best thing I have ever seen! It works perfectly and only cost about $5! Thanks BM!:mug:

Back