Managing brewing and fermentation schedules

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewedipa

Reaction score
I always have multiple brews fermenting simultaneously on staggered schedules. Some I'm planning on kegging after a couple weeks, some I'm planning on moving to secondary for dry-hopping and then kegging, some I'm planning on bottling and drinking after 2 weeks, some I want to age for several months.

I've tried using spreadsheets to keep track of my schedules. I've also tried using Google Calendars. Neither of these work very well for me and using the "notes" fields in BeerSmith is simply not an acceptable option.

How do those of you with complex brewing and fermentation schedules keep track of where everything is and when things need to be racked, bottled, and finally are ready to drink?

Blue painters tape on the carboy and a sharpie. I write the name of the beer and the date it was made. If I rack to secondary I put that date on there. Check periodically the dates on the tape and rack/bottle when necessary. If you're having trouble remember how long you want to ferment/secondary each one write the dates you need to do each step on the tape as well. Then just check your carboys every so often and when the date arrives take the appropriate action.

Ibrewmaster for iPhone.

Displays a schedule of what is due when, in chronological order.

Latest posts

Back